Occupational Therapist - OT Full time or Part time 10,000 sign on bonus! Float to Paris, AR
This job posting is no longer active.
To ensure the highest degree of quality care is maintained while providing therapy services to the patients and supervising the therapy assistant(s) in the performance of therapy services, in accordance with current federal, state, local standards, guidelines and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Evaluates patient’s functional status (muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, self-care ability, work capacity, etc.). Identifies equipment needs. Participates in the development of the total plan of care.
- For patients who plan to return to work, the occupational therapist may perform work capacity evaluation and may refer to specialized vocational training in accordance with Company policy.
- Develops treatment program and establishes goals for improved function.
- Communicates plan of care to referring physician and other Company professionals.
- May teach new skills or retrain patient in once familiar daily activities that have been lost due to illness or injury.
- May fabricate splints and instruct patient in the use of various types of adaptive equipment to improve function.
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic and/or orthotic devices.
- Maintains appropriate clinical records, clinical notes, and reports to the physician any changes in the patient’s condition. Submits these records in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintains contact/communication with other personnel involved in the patient’s care to promote coordinated, efficient care.
- Attends and contributes to in services, case conferences, and other meetings as required to ensure coordinated and comprehensive plans of care for the patients.
Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs and refers
- Instructs patient’s family/caregiver and other Restore personnel in patient’s treatment regime when indicated and appropriate.
- Supervises certified occupational therapy assistants according to organization policy and state regulations.
- Participates in discharge planning for patient.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an occupational therapy curriculum accredited jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association and the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Registered with the National Registration Examination of the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Must hold a current and valid therapy license in the state employed.
- Familiarity with general use and functions of the computer, including starting programs, using files, apps and navigating screens. Use of internet, e-mail, and understanding confidentiality of user names and passwords. Experience with Apple iPads and iPods a plus.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order. Some travel may be required.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodation.
Thank you for considering Restore Therapy Services as a prospective employer. We are one of the nation’s largest providers of innovative rehabilitative therapies and wellness-based programs to senior populations.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance