Administers diagnostic audiological tests that allow the differentiation between types of hearing disorders, coordinates and interprets test results and consults with and makes recommendations on hearing disorders to physicians.
- Master's degree or Clinical Doctorate in Audiology (AUD) prior to employment start date.
- Must hold a current and valid Audiology license in the state employed.
- Completion of post-secondary education and able to read, write and follow oral and written direction.
- Must be able to relate positively and professionally to residents, families and outside agencies and work cooperatively with co-workers and customers.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass a post-employment exam, if required.
- Must hold a current driver’s license & automobile liability insurance.
- One (1) year in diagnostic evaluation of hearing, prevention, habilitation and rehabilitation services for auditory problems, preferred.
- Able to effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks and job assignments.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work both independently and within teams.
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides otoscopy, crumen removal when necessary, tympanometry, acoustic reflex testing, pure-tone air and bone conduction testing, hearing aid checks, referrals to speech-language pathologists for aural rehabilitation when appropriate, and referrals to physicians for medical treatment when indicated.
- Physically and otoscopically examines the outer structures of the ear.
- Procedures may include appropriate ear cleaning evaluation, fitting and dispensing of hearing aids; cochlear implant assessment, programming and rehabilitation; and electrophysiologic evaluation of the vestibular and auditory mechanisms, in addition to electroacoustic measures of the peripheral and central auditory systems.
- Counsels individuals with hearing loss and/or ear pathology, their families and other service providers regarding test findings and management strategies.
- Provides reports and coordinates audiological results with other diagnostic data such as educational, medical, social and behavioral information.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Free CEUs