Outpatient Clinic Manager (Full-time) - Grand Villa Outpatient
This job posting is no longer active.
Lead and direct the overall operation of the Outpatient clinic in accordance with client needs, government regulations and Company policies so as to maintain excellent care of the clients while achieving the Company’s business objectives.
Must be a licensed or registered therapist in good standing and meet applicable federal and state licensure requirements.
Completion of post-secondary education or otherwise able to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
Ability to read, write and understand English
Must be knowledgeable to rehabilitative and restorative therapy practices.
Must be a patient advocate with a positive attitude
Must be knowledgeable of standards of practice for evaluation and treatment in PT, OT and ST.
Able to communicate and train others in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks.
Must be capable of performing the Essential Functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
A. Administrative Function:
1. Work with clients, communities, and Home Office management, staff, supervisor and consultants in planning all aspects of the outpatient clinic operations.
2. Monitor each discipline’s activities, communicate policies, evaluate performance and provide feedback and/or assistance as necessary.
3. Ensure current therapy policies, procedures, manuals and reference materials are reviewed with staff, including changes and/or updates.
4. Monitor work schedules to ensure appropriate staffing and scheduling is working properly.
5. Monitor missed visits to identify potential underlying problems.
6. Monitor overall operations of the clinic to ensure clinic is operating appropriately, effectively and efficiently.
B. Continuous Quality Improvement Function:
1. Conduct regular chart audits to monitor appropriate delivery of therapy services.
2. Ensure a plan of correction if developed and implemented to improve quality and prevent future reoccurrence.
3. Monitor the delivery of therapy services to ensure client needs are being addressed in a proactive manner.
4. Develop, implement and maintain a functioning quality improvement program.
C. Teamwork Function:
1. Ensure Regional Director or Operations, Director of Clinical Services and Home Office staff are appropriately utilized and a high level of interdepartmental teamwork is maintained.
2. Communicate effectively with therapy staff, contractors, administration and other department heads on a regular basis.
3. Participate in all appropriate facility and/or community meetings and programs.
4. Communicate with the Executive Director and Area Director of Outpatient Services regarding department programs, goals, objectives, problems and successes.
5. Communicate with physicians regarding client problems, progress and department programs.
6. Marketing of Outpatient clinic, including marketing as needed to physicians within the community.
7. Attend community events and work as needed with activities to involve the therapy team.
D. Client’s Rights Function:
1. Maintain client confidentiality
2. Treat clients with kindness, dignity and respect
3. Know and comply with and ensure all personnel are knowledgeable of and in compliance with Client Rights/Rules.
4. Monitor therapy services to ensure client’s rights are maintained at all times.
5. Understand, comply with and promote rules and regulations regarding client’s rights to include privacy of medical records and information.
E. Personnel Function:
1. Ensures compliance with employment laws and Company policies.
2. Lead the team to achieve high morale and staff retention.
3. Maintain and positive work environment through effective communication, prompt problem resolution and positive supervisory practices.
4. Responsible for orienting all therapy staff.
5. Complete performance reviews on all department employees.
6. Assist each employee in developing and maximizing their performance ability.
F. Budgetary Function:
1. Responsible for the development of revenue and control of expenditures to meet budgetary requirements; monitor therapy reports to ensure goals and objectives are achieved.
2. Ensure that all clients admitted to outpatient services receive appropriate quality care, coverage criteria met, and service delivery is documented accurately and effectively.
3. Monitor business activities to ensure established procedures and standards of practice are followed and sound credible business practices are followed at all times.
4. Ensures all billing documents are completed timely and per established policies and procedures.
5. Ensures billing accurately reflects the services delivered.
G. Education Function:
1. Supervise, conduct and participate in department and facility education activities and staff meetings as appropriate.
2. Maintain professional competence through participation in the Company’s continuing education programs, seminars and training programs.
H. Safety and Sanitation Function:
1. Ensure staff is trained in emergency, safety and evacuation protocols
2. Ensure safety protocols are followed during any and all therapy treatments.
3. Ensure cleanliness and safety of therapy and treatment areas and rooms, equipment and supplies.
4. Ensure mandatory fire drills are being conducted.
5. Ensure universal precautions and infection control, isolation, fire, safety and sanitation practices and procedures are being followed.
I. Regulatory Compliance Function:
1. Maintain a working knowledge of and ensure compliance with all governmental regulations.
2. Ensure the clinic adheres to the Company’s Code of Ethics and Compliance policy expectations
1. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures
2. Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Physical and Sensory Requirement (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices). Walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, and grasping fine hand coordination, pushing and pulling, ability to distinguish smell and temperatures, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with personnel, families, patients and outside agencies. Ability to remain calm under stress. Ability to provide therapy services as may be necessary. Ability to drive to multiple locations.