Outpatient Coordinator (Full-time) - Restore Outpatient of Central Florida
The following position description contains representative examples of work that will be performed in positions allocated to this classification. It is not required that any position perform all of the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the individuals in the company. Accordingly, employees may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
*Exemption status may vary from what is listed above if the individual’s employment status is anything other than a regular full time employee.
To ensure an exceptional Client, visitor and family experience while at the clinic. Ensure a smooth process for the Client in obtaining paperwork, appointments, wait time and treatment time. Transport of Clients to and from treatment area and to assist in the delivery of therapy services under the direct on-site supervision of the treating therapist(s) and to perform administrative, marketing and environmental duties, as assigned by the Clinic Manager.
- Must be a high school graduate or have equivalent education/experience.
- Must be capable of maintain regularly scheduled attendance.
- Must be able to speak and understand English.
- Mist be able to relate positively and favorably to clients, clients’ families, customers, and work cooperatively with other Employees.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- One (1) year administrative experience in a healthcare setting, preferred.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with benefit terminology (i.e. copays, deductibles, insurance, etc.), preferred.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Client Care Function:
- Greets clients and visitors in professional manner.
- Motivates and transports clients to and from treatment area.
- Prepares clients and treatment area for therapy services.
- Treats clients with dignity and respect and always observes the client’s rights and confidentiality.
- Performs set up for treatments as directed by therapists for all disciplines and accurately reports time and activities performed.
- Tracks missed visits and performs necessary required follow up.
- Maintains cleanliness of treatment area and equipment.
- Cleans therapy clinic daily following infection control guidelines
- Contributes to maintaining continual flow of client treatment in an effort to minimize wait time.
- Environmental Function:
- Cleans and returns client care equipment to the appropriate area throughout the day.
- Removes soiled linens and transports dirty linens to laundry.
- Organizes the therapy area and storage areas.
- Inspects equipment daily to ensure proper functioning and adherence to safety requirements.
- Obtains, assembles and organizes supplies for clinicians on a daily basis.
- Stocks therapy department with clean linens
- Ensures all therapy materials are labeled appropriately and maintained in a safe location
- Accountable for maintaining OSHA regulatory safety and infection control standards, reporting or correcting hazards as necessary.
- Maintains safe and secure treatment areas and a working environment free of hazardous conditions.
- Ordering and distribution of supplies as needed.
- Cleaning front desk and clinic areas daily following infection control policies.
- Administrative Function:
- Coordinating admissions, working closely with nursing and facility staff concerning therapy needs/referrals of prospective clients.
- Under the direction of the Clinic Manager, market services as need in the immediate and surrounding referral communities for the purposes of census development and public relations.
- Maintain relationships and open communication with all referral sources.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills and techniques necessary and carry out the admission process for all clients.
- Maintain accurate and efficient data entry with minimal defects.
- Optimize client satisfaction/loyalty by coordinating and ensuring the client experience exceeds expectations.
- Communicate with the Clinic Manger any client concerns.
- Confirm appointments for the next day of service.
- Assist with faxing, scanning and copying as needed.
- Assist with new employee orientation as directed by Clinic Manager.
- File documents in the medical record following audit guidelines.
- Assist with data entry and technical audits as assigned.
- Provide communication regarding referrals to Clinic Manager and Outpatient Program Coordinator.
- Order and maintain department supplies
- Schedule/coordinate rehab related client appointments, such as FEES, audiology assessments, orthotic/prosthetics fitting, etc.
- Assist with issuing, tracking, securing and charging hand held devices and laptop computers assigned to the clinic.
- Answer telephone and communicate messages to therapists in a timely manner.
- Assist and participates in the internal marketing of the therapy programs offered.
- Distributes newsletters and other Company communications to department staff in a timely manner.
- Monitors department email throughout the work day and ensures department staff receive Home Office email communications in a timely manner.
- Obtains physician signature on all required medical documentation and uploads documents into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Client’s Rights Function:
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Treat clients with kindness, dignity and respect
- Know and comply with and ensure all personnel are knowledgeable of and in compliance with Client Rights/Rules.
- Monitor therapy services to ensure client’s rights are maintained at all times.
- Understand, comply with and promote rules and regulations regarding client’s rights to include privacy of medical records and information.
- Safety and Sanitation Function:
- Ensure staff is trained in emergency, safety and evacuation protocols
- Ensure safety protocols are followed during any and all therapy treatments.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of therapy and treatment areas and rooms, equipment and supplies.
- Ensure mandatory fire drills are being conducted.
- Ensure universal precautions and infection control, isolation, fire, safety and sanitation practices and procedures are being followed.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Physical and Sensory Requirement (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices). Walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, and grasping fine hand coordination, pushing and pulling, ability to distinguish smell and temperatures, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with personnel, families, patients and outside agencies. Ability to remain calm under stress. Ability to provide therapy services as may be necessary. Ability to drive to multiple locations.