To ensure the highest degree of quality care is maintained while providing therapy services to the patients in accordance with current federal, state, local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts appropriate evaluations and identifies equipment needs relative to speech/language function.
- Identifies functional speech defects and establishes a plan of care to improve patient’s function.
- Administers speech therapy program utilizing specialized therapeutic technique and/or equipment.
- Recommends communication devices/aids as indicated.
- Confers with referring physician and other organization personnel to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care contributes to the total plan of care.
- Participates in case conferences, in-services and other meetings required ensuring coordinated and comprehensive care, as appropriate.
- Prepares and submits notes per organization policy.
- Maintains clinical competency in speech language pathology practice and theory.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other services and refers as appropriate.
- Adhere to all of the company’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must hold a current and valid therapy license in the state employed.
- Possesses a degree that includes an internship from an approved Master’s program in Speech–Language Pathology, or as required by applicable law and/or regulation.
- Meets the education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech–Language Pathology, granted by the American Speech–Language–Hearing Association (ASHA).
- A minimum of one (1) year's clinical experience in Speech–Language Pathology.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Familiarity with general use and functions of the computer, including starting programs, using files, apps and navigating screens. Use of internet, e-mail, and understanding confidentiality of user names and passwords. Experience with Apple iPads and iPods a plus.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order. Some travel may be required.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
Thank you for considering Restore Therapy Services as a prospective employer. We are one of the nation’s largest providers of innovative rehabilitative therapies and wellness-based programs to senior populations.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Free CEUs