Director of Business Development
This job posting is no longer active.
Director of Business Development
Responsible for managing all aspects of organization, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with customers and referral sources, responding to customer requests and concerns.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in health care sales. At least one-year experience in sales preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
- Ability to market effectively and deal tactfully with customers and the community.
- Knowledge of corporate business management.
- Demonstrates excellent communications, negotiation, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
- Must have reliable transportation, current Alabama driver’s license and insurance and ability to successfully pass a MVR background check prior to hire. Must be willing to travel over 50% of the time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Executes all sales and marketing including the establishment and implementation of marketing/sales initiatives.
- Assists the Chief Operating Officer (COO)/Regional Director and Chief Development Officer in establishing organization volume projections in the annual budget and in establishing allocations for the marketing department. Monitors allocation of resources according to budgetary limitations.
- Employs marketing and promotional initiatives to achieve budgetary volume projections.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral and payor sources.
- Develop and execute tactics to secure SNF contracts for therapy services, increase external outpatient therapy referrals for company-owned locations and contracts for other post-acute therapy providers.
- Responsible for the initiation of customer discussions for contract therapy and manage the process to contract signing.
- Source new start locations for company-owned outpatient therapy clinics in accordance with all state and federal rules and regulations.
- Interaction with referral sources including hospitals, physicians, insurers, case management companies and health care agencies.
- Serves as a key member of the sales team by assisting other members with coordination and support of sales calls to key accounts when needed.
- Conducts industry and local market assessments on an ongoing basis for contract opportunities to meet budgetary volume projections.
- Attends and actively participates in local, state and national trade shows to include networking and sourcing contract opportunities.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current regulations governing Medicare / Medicaid and private insurance company reimbursement processes.
- Participates in sales team meetings, reporting regularly on customer pipeline development and progress on targets.
- Provides leadership in strategic planning including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to address customer needs.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge in the field of marketing and shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists customers in accessing community resources should services not be provided by Restore Therapy Services.
- Monitors and reports cost-effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Other duties as required.