Outpatient Coordinator (Full-time) - Restore Outpatient of Brandon
The following position description contains representative examples of work that will be performed in this job title. It is not required that any position perform all of the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the individuals in the company. Accordingly, employees may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
To assist in the delivery of therapy services under the direct on-site supervision of the treating therapist(s) and to perform administrative, marketing and environmental duties, as assigned by the Rehab Director.
· Must be a high school graduate or have equivalent education/experience.
· Must be capable of maintaining regularly scheduled attendance.
· Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this position with or without accommodation.
· Must speak and understand English.
· Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, residents’ families, customer staff and to work cooperatively with other employees.
· Nursing Assistant certification or prior experience preferred.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook).
· Prior administrative experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
A. Patient Care Function:
· Prepares residents and treatment area for therapy services.
· Assists therapists with handling patients (lifting, transferring, etc) when more than one person is needed to ensure safety.
· Transports residents to and from the therapy area for treatment.
· Ensures residents are assembled for therapy groups and that needed supplies are available at the start of the group program for all disciplines.
· Adjusts personal work schedule to ensure residents and the therapy department are prepared for the first and last treatments of the day.
· Treats residents with dignity and always observes all resident’s rights and confidentiality.
· Performs set up for treatments as directed by therapist for all disciplines and accurately reports time and activities provided.
B. Staff Development Function:
· Attends mandatory inservices.
C. Environmental Function:
· Cleans and returns patient care equipment to the appropriate area throughout the day.
· Removes soiled linen and transports dirty linens to laundry.
· Organizes the therapy area and closets.
· Inspects equipment daily to ensure proper functioning and adherence to safety requirements.
· Obtains, assembles and organizes supplies for the clinicians on a daily basis.
· Stocks therapy department with clean linens to ensure availability of linen throughout the day.
· Ensures all therapy materials are labeled appropriately and maintained in safe location, i.e. US gel, electrode pads, massage lotion.
D. Administrative Function:
· Assists with faxing, scanning and copying for each clinician, as requested.
· Assists with new employee orientation, as directed by supervisor.
· Files documents in the medical record, following audit guidelines.
· Assists with data entry and technical audits, as assigned by supervisor.
· Provides communication regarding referrals to appropriate therapy or operations staff and staffing coordinators.
· Markets independently or in cooperation with the marketing department to assist with customer’s growth goals and to broaden Restore’s services to the customer.
· Proactively plans for therapy provision upon return to Home or ALF.
· Orders and maintains supplies for the department.
· Schedules/coordinates rehab related patient appointments, such as FEES, audiology assessments, orthotic/prosthetics fitting, etc.
· Compiles clinical documentation for review, as directed by the Home Office Appeals Department.
· Audits and completes end of month billing paperwork.
· Assists with issuing, tracking, securing, and charging hand held devices and lap top computers assigned to the department.
· Answers the telephone and communicates messages to therapists in a timely manner.
· Distributes newsletters and other Home Office communications to department staff, in a timely manner.
· Checks department email periodically throughout the day and ensures department staff receives home office email communications in a timely manner.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
A. Safety Function:
· Practices universal precautions at all times.
· Adheres to the facility safety rules and regulations.
B. Resident’s Rights Function:
· Understands, complies with and promotes guidelines regarding resident’s rights.
C. Other Duties As Assigned:
· Adhere to all facility and departmental policies and procedures.
· May attend facility meetings in absence of Rehab Director, as assigned.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices). Walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing and pulling, ability to distinguish smell and temperatures, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with personnel, families, residents and outside agencies. Ability to remain calm under stress.