Rehab Director (Full-time) - Oak Knoll (SLP)
Lead and direct the overall operation of the Therapy Department in accordance with resident needs, government regulations and company policies so as to maintain excellent care of the residents while achieving the company’s business objectives.
· Must be a licensed therapist or licensed therapist assistant.
· Completion of post-secondary education or otherwise be able to read, write and follow oral and written directions.
· Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families, facility personnel, outside agencies and to work cooperatively with other employees.
· Must meet all health regulations and pass a post-employment exam, if required.
· Must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions of the position with or without accommodation.
· Must have related therapy and administrative experience at a level necessary to accomplish this job.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Work with customer facility and corporate management staff, supervisor and consultants in planning all aspects of the Therapy Department operations
· Monitor each disciplines activities, communicate policies, evaluate performance, provide feedback and assistance.
· Monitor work schedules to assure appropriate staffing and shared rotation of weekend coverage.
· Conduct regular chart audits to monitor appropriate delivery of therapy services. Ensure a plan of correction is developed and implemented to improve quality and prevent future reoccurrence.
· Monitor the delivery of therapy services to ensure resident needs are being addressed in a proactive manner.
· Develop, implement and maintain a functioning quality improvement program.
· Ensure consultants and other support resources are appropriately utilized and a high level of interdepartmental teamwork is maintained.
· Communicate effectively with therapy staff, therapy contractors, administration, other department heads, and facility employees on a regular ongoing basis.
· Participate in all appropriate facility meetings and programs (i.e., Rehab meeting, Care plans, etc.).
· Communicate with the Administrator and Restore Supervisor regarding department programs, goals, objectives, problems and successes.
· Communicate with physicians regarding resident problems progress and department programs.
· Ensure the Therapy Department is properly maintained and that equipment and work areas are clean, safe and orderly and any hazardous conditions are addressed.
· Ensure universal precautions and infection control, isolation, fire, safety and sanitation practices and procedures are followed.
· Maintain a working knowledge and ensure compliance with all governmental regulations.
· Ensure compliance with employment laws and company policies and lead the team to achieve high morale and staff retention.
· Maintain a positive work environment through effective communication, prompt problem resolution and positive supervisory practices.
· Has hiring authority; may approve offers within grid with input from the Supervisor.
· Responsible for orienting all therapy staff.
· May have authority to open new positions through the requisition process.
· Complete performance reviews on department employees.
· Assist each rehab department employee in developing and maximizing their performance ability.
· Oversee therapy student programs.
· Coach employees and issue corrective action in accordance with company polices and philosophy.
· Responsible for the development of revenue and control of expenditures to meet budgetary requirements; monitor therapy reports to ensure goals and objectives are achieved.
· Assure that all residents admitted to rehab services receive appropriate quality care, coverage criteria met, and that service delivery is documented accurately and effectively.
· Monitor business activities to ensure established procedures and standards of practice are followed and that sound credible business practices are followed at all times.
· Ensures all billing documents are completed timely and per policy and procedure.
· Ensures billing accurately reflects the services delivered.
· Responsible for participating in facility team implementation of marketing and community awareness programs as directed.
· Develop positive relationships on behalf of the Company with government regulators, facility personnel, families, the health care community and the community at large.
· Supervise, conduct and participate in department and facility education activities and staff meetings as appropriate.
· Maintain professional competence through participation in continuing education programs, seminars and training programs.
· Understand, comply with and promote rules regarding resident’s rights to include privacy of medical records and information.
· Assures that the department adheres to the company Code of Ethics policy that the compliance policy expectations are adhered to consistently.
· Adhere to all company and facility policies and procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned.