Audiologist (PRN) - Pleasant Hill/Warsaw
This job posting is no longer active.
Administers diagnostic audiological tests that allow the differentiation between types of hearing disorders, coordinates and interprets test results and consults with and makes recommendations on hearing disorders to physicians.
- Master's degree or Clinical Doctorate in Audiology (AUD) prior to employment start date.
- Must hold a current and valid Audiology license in the state employed.
- Completion of post-secondary education and able to read, write and follow oral and written direction.
- Must be able to relate positively and professionally to residents, families and outside agencies and work cooperatively with co-workers and customers.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass a post-employment exam, if required.
- Must hold a current driver’s license & automobile liability insurance.
- One (1) year in diagnostic evaluation of hearing, prevention, habilitation and rehabilitation services for auditory problems, preferred.
- Able to effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks and job assignments.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work both independently and within teams.
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides otoscopy, crumen removal when necessary, tympanometry, acoustic reflex testing, pure-tone air and bone conduction testing, hearing aid checks, referrals to speech-language pathologists for aural rehabilitation when appropriate, and referrals to physicians for medical treatment when indicated.
- Physically and otoscopically examines the outer structures of the ear.
- Procedures may include appropriate ear cleaning evaluation, fitting and dispensing of hearing aids; cochlear implant assessment, programming and rehabilitation; and electrophysiologic evaluation of the vestibular and auditory mechanisms, in addition to electroacoustic measures of the peripheral and central auditory systems.
- Counsels individuals with hearing loss and/or ear pathology, their families and other service providers regarding test findings and management strategies.
- Provides reports and coordinates audiological results with other diagnostic data such as educational, medical, social and behavioral information.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Free CEUs